Do you notice that your muscles ache or hurt all day long? Do you need to recover from a recent injury or operation? Do you experience ongoing discomfort as a result of a chronic illness? You may believe there is no cure for your suffering, but you would be mistaken!
How Can Physical Therapy Help Reduce Pain?
Physical therapy may assist you in improving your health. You can get assistance from a physical therapist when you recover from surgery, mend from an accident, or figure out how to control the symptoms of a chronic illness. Here are six ways that physical therapy can help you become healthier overall.
- Improved balance: A physical therapist can provide you with a range of exercises to assist you in improving your balance when standing, moving, or engaging in an exercise regimen. Balance often degrades as bones become more brittle with age, and several medical conditions might affect your balance. By working on your balance, you may avoid trips and falls, which can cause serious injuries. Additionally, it can enable you to partake in and relish more strenuous activities that you might not have been able to do in the past.
- Reduced recovery time: A physical therapy regimen may be created for you if you’ve previously undergone surgery or been injured to help you get back on your feet. To help you heal quickly, your physical therapist will create a rehabilitation plan customized to your specific requirements. Your physical therapist may offer specialist therapies in addition to strength and range of motion exercises.
- Improved flexibility: Many physical therapy treatment plans aim to increase your muscles’ and joints’ flexibility. Your physical therapist can help you by using heat therapy and various stretching techniques to help loosen up tight muscles and tendons. Your physical therapist can suggest massage or breathing exercises to help you unwind and loosen up.
- More reasons for physical activity: Physical therapy may be beneficial even if you’re in fantastic health and engage in various activities! By counseling you on precise postures and exercises, your physical therapist can help you perform better.
- It’s possible to avoid surgery: When you undergo surgery, you risk blood clots, infection, and a protracted healing process. Physical therapy frequently suffices to treat issues without the need for surgery. Sprains, strains, dislocations, tendonitis, bursitis, arthritis, acute/chronic pain, to mention a few conditions, can all be treated by a physical therapist.
- Physical therapy can prevent further injury: Most people know it may help avoid injuries, but many don’t realize it can also help recover injuries. To prevent injury, your physical therapist can provide you with a choice of exercises to perform at home and before physical activity.
Entrust the Strenuous Lifting to a Physical Therapist! Call us now.
Physical therapy is available to you whether you want relief, want to avoid getting hurt, or just want to enhance your physical function. You will collaborate closely with Dearborn & Associates Institute for Joint Restoration to achieve your fitness and health objectives. Call us at (510) 818-7200 immediately if you’re prepared to begin your journey toward better health.